The OpenO&M Initiative involves multiple industry standards organizations collaborating to provide a harmonized set of information standards for the exchange of Operations & Maintenance data. By mutual consent, MIMOSA maintains the Intellectual Property Rights Agreement for the OpenO&M initiative.
Industry-focused Joint Working Groups (JWG) have been developed with key open standards partners
- OpenO&M Manufacturing Joint Working Group – ISA-SP95, ISA-SP88, WBF
- OpenO&M Facilities Joint Working Group – National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS)
- OpenO&M Military Joint Working Group – US Army SED & Navy TOSA
- OpenO&M JWG participants harmonize the key standards from their respective organizations
- OpenO&M JWG participants develop and demonstrate reference implementations based on their harmonized standards
Participating organizations work together to cross-reference their related standards and to collaborate on the content thereof.
OpenO&M Technical Committee
MIMOSA is the host organization for the OpenO&M Technical Committee which develops OpenO&M specifications. This technical committee is open to all organizations and individuals who have an interest in moving the standards forward under the charter agreement below:
Members of the OpenO&M Technical Committee receive write access to the on-line forums and receive email notices of web conferences and face-to-face meetings. To become a member, please register for a MIMOSA website account and then send a request to join the OpenO&M Technical Committee.
The OpenO&M Technical Committee has currently produced two specifications: